- Planning Commission
Meetings & Participation
- 6 p.m., Second Tuesday of each month
- Shafter City Hall Council Chamber, 336 Pacific Ave., Shafter, CA 93263
- You are strongly encouraged to observe the Planning Commission meetings live via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/CityofShafter/
- If you wish to make a comment during the live meeting, callers must first register with the City Clerk at 661-746-5012 before the meeting begins to receive instructions and the call- in number and code. Please call by 5:00pm on the Monday prior to the Council meeting to allow ample time for sign up. You will need to provide your name, phone number and the item number you wish to address.
- All public comments are provided to the Planning Commission and applicable Staff, for review and consideration by the Board prior to taking action on any matters listed on the agenda and are incorporated into the official record of the Council meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
In accordance with the provisions of the Ralph M. Brown Act, all meetings, study sessions, and workshops are open to the public. This means that a quorum of planning commissioners can only discuss Planning Commission business in a public meeting.
Posting of Agendas
Agendas for the meetings are posted at least 72 hours prior to each regular meeting and at least 24 hours prior to each special meeting. Agendas are posted at Shafter City Hall, the Shafter Police Department, and online. Any materials required by law to be made available to the public prior to the meeting can be inspected between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, in the city clerk's office.
To receive future notifications on when an agenda has been posted and other information, subscribe to the Shafter News Flash via the Blackboard portal.
Customized to suit preferences as to the type of information and preferred delivery methods. To subscribe:
- Go to https://shafter.bbcportal.com/entry
- Click “sign me up.” Enter desired login information. Wait for activation email. Click on the link to confirm.
- Set Up security questions. Click “Save.”
- Login. Follow the setup wizard to add address, phone number, and/or email addresses to receive communication.
- Check box next to list you wish to subscribe to.
- John Sanchez, Chairman (Term Expires December 31, 2024)
- Peter Frantz, Vice Chairman (Term Expires December 31, 2024)
- Lovedeep Joshan, Planning Commissioner (Term Expires December 31, 2026)
- David Piuser, Planning Commissioner (Term Expires December 31, 2026)
- Bob Wiebe, Planning Commissioner (Term Expires December 31, 2024)
The Shafter Planning Commission is comprised of a committee of five citizens appointed by the City Council. The commission reviews and acts on matters related to planning and development in Shafter. The role of the Planning Commission is to work with the City Council to ensure that the common vision for the community is realized. A planning commissioner serves a term of four years.
The Planning Commission works closely with the City Council, members of the community, and city staff to achieve the goals set out by the City Council. Primarily, the Planning Commission advises the City Council on land use matters.
The city's Planning Department acts as staff to the Planning Commission. The planning director advises the Planning Commission on issues relating to the general plan, zoning ordinance, subdivision ordinance, master plans, specific plans, and other land use applications, regulations, and procedures.
Addressing the Board
Members of the public shall have an opportunity to address the board either before or during the board's consideration of each item of business to be discussed at regular or special board meetings. Each person who addresses the board must first be recognized by the presiding officer.
Special Assistance to Participate
Anyone needing special assistance to participate in a board meeting pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, shall make a request at least three business days prior to the board meeting to the city clerk at 661-746-5006. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.
Please direct any questions for the Planning Commission to City Clerk Yazmina Pallares at 661-746-5000.