Public Works


The City of Shafter Public Works Department is responsible for managing the following divisions:

Temporary Fire Hydrant Water Service Application

A temporary construction (hydrant) water meter is required for any temporary water usage within the City's municipal water service area. Please use the link below to complete the online application. You will be contacted by a City staff member once your application has been approved. For questions regarding this process, please contact City Services at (661) 746-5004.

Online Application

QR-Water Service Application


Well Permit Application

Encroachment Permit